10 Strategic Mistakes in Technical Sales: Speaking of gross errors in technical sales is a very interesting stop on a recurring and novice managers typically commit it, or who are not strong in the organization but have the power to do so, especially CEOs and/or business owners. They board the power, lack of knowledge and experience and above all, the desperation to achieve quick results. All these factors are potentially explosive and can damage not only the results of the company but the structure of the sales area.
What is ignored is that the after-sales service is a complementary work of great value which the sale is to solve customer problems and loyalty, not to sell. The sale is much more aggressive and often requires contextual relationships and competing harder to post-sale, is common in sales that things fail for various reasons, so the last line is the aftermarket to prevent a client hopelessly miss. So in order to understand why the consequences of such a decision are so harmful to the company, you have to check out the long list of disadvantages:
10 Strategic Mistakes in Technical Sales
1. A service operator will never be bus manager sales, especially if you are not trained in sales and you are guaranteed an exclusive sales task. This means you can take orders, but never hold the sale in time for service tasks are selling supplement and not sell itself. As the service has random duty cycles, the sale is very stable cycles, complicating productivity in both jobs. No one can be running at odd with the tools and then presented to the client as a responsible seller, not normal or good looks, because it resembles disorder, lack of expertise, and above all lack of resources by the company using the same people for so many different tasks. The major customer usually decides in silence and without notifying the company that is no longer interested, especially because aware that is responsible for open market chooses what seems best.
2. A seller is never a good service without adequate technical training and without adequate technical basis. In this way, the reverse happens to point one. The intellectual and physical tasks are given in proportion than the specialization in either the productivity generated. Always choose.
3. The client suspected of any service you sell. It takes seriously and category and transforms it into a simile bangs teacher who is always looking for the opportunity to sell more advantage of a context, sometimes conflicting, such as service tasks engaged in installing, repairing, etc…This is the best way to discredit the service and dilute the powers of those who hold that role through the provision of sales commissions. They are no longer concentrated in the loyalty and therefore eventually prefer it easier to make money, completely missing the target of service and in all cases weakening it and causing rotation normally stable and competent teams. Some companies have gone so especially when your customer loyalty depends on a good and exclusive technical service function.
4. The biggest threat that passes the “breeding crows peck your eyes and you” is much more common that a service operator who learns to sell to rise with a business to stay competitive in selling the company that way. This is because the technical services business, in general, has no barriers to entry and the only thing he needs smart operator is to understand how the market works to immediately start their own company if things go. It is rare that a seller does and is rare that an operator service is a good seller keeping the work base.
5. After default in the sales function or a product failure equipment machines, etc… sold by a service operator will occur immediately discredit that mixed operator selling his work to repair, or install, etc. It is much more common for a service operator is discredited by “getting into the legs of horses”, which if kept true to its specialized role especially is a vital requirement in highly technical markets such as mining, medicine, production lines, etc..
6. The sellers of the company decided that service operators will make competition will feel little valued by the company and removed over time companies have a stronger sales structure and not based on the doctrine of ” poor circus ” in which there is no specialization or focus. Increase turnover and decay falling significantly specialization company image.
7. In the area of ??technical service the better to sell resulting in naturally be better vendors and service operators try to switch to sales perhaps losing a good operator and winning service a seller often mediocre that the first difficulty in the results try to return to his former role service that is much safer in terms of income but not wins as much as sales. This often ends with the resignation or dismissal of the person that is returned to service with the seller pay is generally much higher. And it is clear the Labor Law when fighting.
8. Eventually all that is achieved is damaging the company’s organizational structure, expensive service salaries they get used to earning extra for a feature that is not theirs, generated both in the rotation who do not like to sell as who like to sell, since one will want to leave a company who only require its service function, and migrate to other vendors because exclusive. And as you know that the company has no exclusive sellers because the mixture with service, insurance after a while it will go to more serious business.
9. As management principles are clear it is likely that all these actions are made by those who have the power to do so surreptitiously without informing the head of the respective sales area and in other cases as a form informing punishment because they do things right then place a parallel team competition that makes them and shows them how to make sales. Thus, a general manager in the short term appears as strong, but in the long run realize that damaged the company to weaken the structure violating the principles of division of labor which causes damage to the specialization and productivity of a company not the principle of dual control where all decisions must be channeled sales in conjunction with the head of sales and not in parallel and finally passing over one of the most sacred principles of the General Management a company which is to ensure that the company human resources remain together preventing rotation deterioration of the organizational structure, controls, reporting line, and generally assertive decisions
10. Over time, as determined by the cycles of technical selling, the general manager realizes he made a mistake and find that you have to start again to retrieve the results that never came to be decided on an adventure sponsored by ignoring the basic principles management of a company. Nothing is free.
- How to Setup DND on your Jio SIM
- How to Transfer Railway Ticket to Relative Online
- Locate the right kind of internet service that suits you best
- How you can use the Internet as your second computer
Finally, I hope guys you understand “10 Strategic Mistakes in Technical Sales” especially helpful. If you really think we have made some efforts then don’t forget to share our efforts in the comments below and thanks for visiting.