How to Lock a Folder in All Windows Operating System: Your computer (PC) also contains files that you don’t like to share with everyone. These include personal photos, videos or some documents that you want to keep private. But sometimes it can cause trouble for you if someone accidentally goes to your data. In this case, you can lock and keep your data files or documents. This is how we are going to tell you about our news.
How to Lock a Folder in All Windows Operating System
The Microsoft Windows operating system offers the option of encrypting files to lock files and folders. It lets you lock files and folders on any computer. This feature is available in Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows Vista and Windows XP. This allows you to protect your data from other users.
Do lock like this:
1. First, select the folder or file you want to lock on the computer.
2. Now right-click on that file or folder. After right-clicking, you will face several options in which you will need to select Properties.
3. A new popup window will then open in front of you. Now click the Advanced button at the bottom of the General tab provided in it.
4. Now a new window will open in front of you. Here you will see the option of Encrypt Contents to Secure Data on which to tick and click on the OK button.
5. After completing this process, the folder or file will be encrypted and your file will be locked. Once locked, your file will appear in green, which no one else will be able to open.
Finally, I hope guys you understand “How to Lock a Folder in All Windows Operating System” especially helpful. If you enjoyed this post, please leave a comment below and share it with your friends and followers on Facebook and Twitter.