How to Protect Yourself from Online Bank Frauds: We often see in the news that Rs 70,000 has been withdrawn from one’s account today. One’s credit card was bought or the money was withdrawn from one’s ATM card. Many people don’t even use the online banking service for fear that they don’t become victims of banking fraud. However, most cases of banking fraud are caused by negligence or caution of customers. Today we are going to tell you how to avoid frauds through ATMs, Netbanking, Credit Cards, and Mobile Wallets.
How to Protect Yourself from Online Bank ATM Frauds
It is very easy to withdraw money from ATM machines and people use it mostly. The ATM machine can also be used to get money from your bank account by locating your ATM card number and PIN. You have to take these precautions to avoid this.
• Before withdrawing money from ATMs, make sure that the ATMs behind you are not entered with you.
• Once you have inserted your debit card into the ATM machine, always cover your PIN with your hands. Sometimes hackers can read your PIN number with a micro camera.
• Never share THE ATM card or debit card PIN and card number with anyone. A CVV number is written on the back of the debit card, remember it and overwrite the CVV number with a black permanent marker so that no one else knows it.
• After withdrawing money from ATMs, tear the transaction slip into the dustbin. These transaction slips contain the last 4 digits of your debit card as well as important bank account information that allows hackers to extract other information about your account.
• Don’t share your OTP (One Time Password) number with anyone. The bank never asks you for your OTP.
How to Protect Yourself from Online Credit Card Frauds
• A CVV number is written on the back of each credit and debit card, remember it and overwrite the CVV number with a black permanent marker so that no one else knows it. Also, make sure to sign in to the signature site.
• Do not give your card to a petrol pump or a restaurant when you go shopping. Complete the transaction with the machine in your hand while making the payment. Once your credit card information is in someone’s hands, they can copy your card information or cloning the credit card.
• Nowadays, many banking companies follow the two-layer verification process. In this case, if you have an OTP (one time password) make sure that no one other than you else has done the transaction. If you like this, block your card immediately, otherwise, you may suffer losses.
How to Protect Yourself from Online Netbanking Frauds
Ever since all banks have introduced CBS (Core Banking Service) using technology, people are able to avail of banking facilities easily. Nowadays most users use the net-banking facility. The benefits of this net-banking service may also suffer losses. But, you have to take some precautions to avoid loss. Whenever you use the Netbanking service, make sure that the website you are opening is official or not. First of all, check the spelling of your bank’s website. Usually, the spelling of clones or fake websites is not correct or puzzles.
• In addition to spelling, check if green la secure is coming where you enter the web address at the beginning of the website. Also make sure that your banking website https:// Starting from that. Usually comes green in front of the Verified and Safe website.
• Whenever you use Netbanking, always enter the username or customer ID and password from the virtual keyboard. This is because sometimes you download something from the Internet, the keyboard-reading viruses download with it. Whenever you type something, this virus can record your user ID and password and send it to hackers. This way you can avoid banking fraud.
• Whenever you add a Beninipilari to make online transactions, you have OTP. Also, don’t forget to log out of your account after using net-banking.
How to Keep Mobile Wallet Secure
Whenever you use mobile wallets like Paytm, Airtel Money, Jio Money, Vodafone M-Money, Mobikwik, etc., you have to create an account. You create this mobile wallet account through your mobile phone. Always lock this mobile wallet on your smartphone by locking the app or with a fingerprint sensor so that it can’t use this mobile wallet if your smartphone is in anyone’s hands.
How do I get my money back after being Cheated Online
If there is any fraud on your account, you will have to tell both the bank and the police within three days of the transaction, according to the Reserve Bank of India guidelines. In this, the bank will find out who caused the fraud. If this fraud is done by your fault, the bank has no responsibility. If a fraud causes a bank error, all your money is refunded to you. In most cases, it has been observed that the fault is with the users. They fall prey to misleading calls and share their account information, OTP, etc.
Finally, I hope guys you understand “How to Protect Yourself from Online Bank Frauds in 5 Secret Ways” especially helpful. If you enjoyed this post, please leave a comment below and share it with your friends and followers on Facebook and Twitter.