How to Turn an Old Android Device into a Security Camera: The changing phase of technology has now made everything possible. You use your smartphone not only for calling but also for many tasks like camera scanning. Also, if you have an old device, you can use it to protect your home. Yes, you can guard your home or office against anywhere in the world with your smartphone.
How to Turn an Old Android Device into a Security Camera
We’re telling you about the two apps you can use to use your old smartphone as a security camera. First of all, you need to have an Android smartphone. Now you have to download the IP Webcam, Home Security-Alfred app on the Google Play Store. This makes your phone’s camera even more powerful. This is a free app.
How to Turn an Old Android Device into a Security Camera Using the IP Webcam app?
1. Download the IP Webcam app first into your Android smartphone. Then go to Settings and inside the app before opening the app. Then force the number of camera apps on your phone. Then open the IP Webcam app.
2. Now select the plug-in option and tap it. Install all the features in it. Once you’re installing the features, turn it all on. If you don’t turn on any of the features, the feature won’t work.
3. Now go back to the app and tap the start server option at the bottom. Yes, the window that contains it.
4. The IP address of the Webcam will appear in the window. Copy it to the phone or PC from which to watch live video.
5. Enter by entering the IP address on the browser. After which a window will open. Tap on the browser here and you will see the live video.
How to Turn an Old Android Device into a Security Camera Using Home Security-Alfred App:
1. First of all, download the Home Security-Alfred app from the Google Play Store or the App Store on your old phone. Now install this app on the phone or tablet you want to monitor.
2. After opening the app you will be asked to sign-up or login.
3. Log in to both the phones with the same email address in which the app is installed.
4. Then decide which phone to make a security camera and who is the receiver.
5. When you set up, you will start seeing the pictures.
6. However, it is necessary to have a Wi-Fi or an Internet connection on the phone.
7. Place the phone at home where it can be easily changed, otherwise, you will not be able to monitor if the phone’s battery is down. It also features motion detectors, two-way communication.
- How to Use an Android Smartphone as a GPS Tracker Device
- How to Know the Location where a Picture was taken?
Finally, I hope guys you understand “How to Turn an Old Android Device into a Security Camera” especially helpful. If you enjoyed this post, please leave a comment below and share it with your friends and followers on Facebook and Twitter.