Learn What is the Memory and Storage Types: First of all thanks for landing this article, if you are looking for Memory and Storage Types. I just tell you are in the perfect platform. So without getting an inquiry to let’s directly jump into the post types of RAM and ROM.
RAM and ROM are similar names, and their work is also similar, but there is a difference between the two and both are used for different reasons. They are used in computers, tablets, etc. ROM’s full form is Read Only Memory and RAM is called Random Access Memory. Here we are telling you about the main difference between these two.
Learn What is the Memory and Storage Types
Difference Between RAM and ROM in Points:
- One major difference between RAM and ROM is that in ROM, data can be saved without power even when it does not happen in RAM.
- ROM is used for Permanent Storage whereas RAM is used for temporary storage.
- There is no need for any kind of power supply to store information in the ROM chip, but if the power supply for RAM is removed then store information is also deleted.
- It takes time to store the data in the ROM chip, whereas RAM does not take much time to store data.
- RAM is also used in computers, for example, the data in the open page in your browser is being stored in the RAM.
- RAM can be stored from 1 GB to 256 GB. RAM has Real-Time data saved. While RAM has audio, video, music, and app stores.
- RAM data can be accessed via a CPU, while the CPU can not access the data in the CPU.
Finally, I hope guys you understand “Learn What is the Memory and Storage Types” very useful. If you enjoyed this post, please leave a comment below and share it with your friends and followers on Facebook and Twitter.